"Watcher" of an Entity - use the Assignment Extension?

Hi guys,

I was interested in creating the equivalent functionality of “watcher” that is offered by a lot of PM apps around their tasks and entities. This is a user who is “subscribed” to an entity’s activity - so they are informed when any status changes, fields are adjusted, comments are made, and so forth.

Can I use the “assignment” extension to create this functionality? Or would I need to do this another way if that extension needs to be reserved for only actual assignees?

Thanks guys!

3 Likes

Hey @Oshyan, sorry to be chatting you up so much lately, but I thought you might also have this need, and I noticed of the two “hearts” on this so far, you aren’t one of them! So eager to get your support!

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi!
We have that Feature in our backlog, hope to be back there while working on Notifications!
Thanks for resurrecting this issue :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Hah, yes, would definitely like this functionality. Glad to hear it is being given some thought. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great, thanks for adding. I hope @Polina_Zenevich and team are keeping track closely as really hoping this feature gets prioritized!

Cheers!

1 Like