Move Entity to another Type

Hi again,

I wanted to request the ability to move an entity to another type, perhaps by drag and drop or copy/paste? I have reorganized my Apps from time to time, and had some entities that were built out with descriptions, comments, and some related stuff, that were now in the wrong Type due to this reorganization. I would really like to be able to not lose this entity, or many entities if they all need to move to the correct Type. Right now the only way I can see to do this is to delete the Entity and re-enter it in the new Type.

This is related to:

however, in this case I’m not talking about moving an entity all the way to another app…although I guess if you could move it to any other type in Fibery, not just a type in the same app, this would be the same thing as moving it to another app.

Thanks Guys!

Hi Guys,

Wanted to bump this up as I am hoping it is something we will see in the future. The reason I am asking again is that as I build my Fibery, I am both working in it, and evolving the set up at the same time. So I am seeing a few situations where I’d like to adjust the set-up of Types and Apps, but in a few cases there are tens of entities I’d need to recategorize to do this.

Here is an example: I am tracking both “ideas” and “questions” for my team as entities. I set this up to try to capture thoughts and questions my team has on a daily basis, that would previously get buried in Slack or Email. Initially I was using one entity to track this, as I thought that was sufficient, with a select list to choose whether the entity is an “idea” or “question.” But this is really working well, to the point now that I can see I should really have an entity for both “ideas” and “questions.” One reason is that as the current entity that contains both gets filled, we are seeing a different dynamic about how we handle ideas vs. questions, for example they should go through different workflows. But if they are in the same entity, I have to use the same workflow.

What I’d like to do is filter the entities that are now categorized as “ideas,” and move them to a new entity type just for “ideas.” If I can’t do that, I’m faced with copying and pasting 10s of entities that are already built out with relations, comments, attachments, etc. that I don’t want to lose.

Moving entities across Types is like moving tasks between Folders in Wrike, or issues between Projects in Jira, which I consider basic functionality of a work management tool. So I’m hoping this is something you guys also plan and consider a basic feature.

Thanks as always for the consideration!