Add ability to fully edit fields after creation

One thing I’m finding increasingly frustrating is the inability to edit most aspects of Fields after they’re created. Notion seems to be able to handle this much better, even allowing you to convert between field types (e.g. text vs. multi-select) and maintain some of the data.

Another common challenge I run into with this is not being able to set the Default Value after creating the Field. Sometimes I realize later that I want a default value, or sometimes I decide to change it after using it with another value for some time.

This kind of rigidity in certain areas definitely puts a damper on the overall flexible concept and promise of Fibery. I want to feel like I can adjust and modify my setup based on changing workflow or increased understanding of the system over time. But in some ways I really can’t (Move Entity to another Type is another example of where this comes up).

1 Like

100% agree, couldn’t have said it any better. This is an issue I deal with as well too, many times daily as my Fibery Instance expands.

Re: Default values, I think it’s another feature that is unfinished. It is actually something Notion DOES NOT have, although they solve it in Templates which we chatted about recently. But I don’t understand why the Fibery team passed up doing it in multi-select fields:

But you are right it is a real pain not being able to edit fields/relations after you create them.

1 Like