[DONE] View of images in Board View

Hi guys, Fibery has great boards. I think it would be a real bonus addition if we could see images on boards. This would be useful for planning webpages, content, all kinds of uses.

I assume you guys may be planning this but just wanted to post for the record, and for the community to comment on potentially!

This is related to the Figma integration discussion here, so wanted to post this related request as well, hopefully it’s useful!

Thanks guys!

4 Likes

@B_Sp This is in near future plans

3 Likes

Great to hear Michael, thank you for the information!

Keep up the great work guys!

Yes thanks for bringing up. Reading this post:

https://community.fibery.io/t/include-gallery-view/940

I almost think the “Gallery View” is nothing more than the Board view with images from a file attachment as Michael described. We shall see!

1 Like

Which would more or less meet the need though, right?

1 Like

Yes, unless Gallery View has something “extra” aside from images - I know other apps have something called “Gallery View” - Notion, etc. - and it’s of good benefit, I would just like to see images in the board, as I could really use that particular function.

This also reminds me of the Figma integration, which sadly seems to be in a deep back burner. Assuming you aren’t developing your own Real Estate Website with Fibery, I’m guessing this might not be that useful to you, but as with increased two-way integration with Intercom which was recently suggested, Figma intergration is absolutely big for Product Teams developing any Software with an actual front end accessed by Users. I’d venture to say there are exponentially more users of Figma amongst Fibery target Product Team customers than Discourse…in the initial talks of integration, Figma was right at the top and Discourse nowhere to be found in fact! Really baffling to me that the team decided to develop integrations to serve their own need vs. actual ones the market needs, like Figma, Calendar, Mail, etc.

Literally every software tool I use has a Discourse forum… :joy:

What would a Figma integration actually do? Are there fields in Figma you’d import over or just “live” design updates or something?? If this goes more than another reply we should fork the thread. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Ok, you’re serious re: Discourse? I would argue that Canny actually has greater market share amongst Feedback boards, which is where this forum gets most of its action - I’m talking the “Feature Request” area. The only substantial competitors to Fibery that use Discourse I can think of are:

Airtable
Monday
Asana
Coda

And Asana and Monday actually collect votes on features unlike here!

To actually collect Product Feedback. I am well familiar with Discourse and I’d claim it’s geared towards community functionality and not designed to handle Product Feedback.

If you look at this chart:

https://www.g2.com/categories/project-management#grid

I’d venture to say maybe 10% of those tools use Discourse to collect feedback about features, if that. Of course neither of us will do that survey…:). But I’m well familiar with this space and if you’re talking about Fibery competitors, or just about any software I can think of for productivity, sorry I just haven’t seen Discourse used for that need.

Either way, the Fibery team made a decision and they will be proven right or wrong. I am a growing product team and I could really use Figma. Whether others come along and have the same sentiment - we’ll see. There was a nice overview whiteboard piece in the annals of Fibery - I can’t really now was it a blog post, here in the community, or somewhere else - where they outlined a whole bunch on the approach to the Figma integration. Even if it was just what you suggest with an embed, we don’t have that either! Although it was teased here:

Hopefully this discussion will be of use to some users or visitors here!

Unfortunately we put this feature on hold so far. It’s implementation demands to re-design Files & Attachments first and we decided to do it later. Hope to get back to it in a few weeks.

1 Like

Well, I’m going to have to chalk this up to just differing experience. I see Discourse used a lot. Add to your list tools like Obsidian, Roam, Logseq… OK those are all in the same space. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: But basically it is used a lot in small companies, in my experience. Canny is not cheap, as I understand it, that may be one reason. But regardless as you say they made a choice and it remains to be seen if it was the right one, I guess. More importantly only Fibery will really know, I think.

Having said all that I’m still unclear on your specific strong use case for Figma integration. I get that Fibery themselves posted about it somewhere, but you don’t need to find that to describe what you want the integration to do. Tell me more!

Agree, still waiting for this, not much in the way of an update lately, either…

seems that didn’t happen.

1 Like

Is there any update on this? As an art/gaming studio, this missing feature is making life very difficult.

1 Like

Agree would like to see this. I don’t have time to dig it up now, but there was a great screen shot of this teased at one point, probably 18 months + ago now. @nimesh I have voted for this, why don’t you add yours maybe we can move this up the priority list gradually!

1 Like

Also, it would be great if the thumbnail view could use image from both attachment field and rich text. There might be options to select primary source and secondary source for thumbnail. If the primary source, for example attachment field is empty, use image from secondary source, rich text.

1 Like

If you are okay with just having the card show an icon when that entity has images attached/linked then you can setup an automation like this:

1. Add a single select field named: Has Image
  2. To this field add a single option with the value: ... or a blank space
  3. Set the icon of this field to something like this: :framed_picture: (picture) or :camera: (camera)
  4. Create an automation rule When > entity Updated & specific field used for images is changed
  5. Then > Update the field Has Image and set it to :framed_picture:
  6. You can then in the Board View toggle to show the Has Image field and cards with photos will now have an icon on them

This is a simpler version of the workaround I did for showing if a Board View card has a description:

Any updates on this one?

2 Likes

Also curious. There was a great sneak peak I saw once - maybe on Reddit? - and since then been really eager to see this. That sneak peak was probably almost 2 yrs ago at this point…

1 Like

Just bumping this feature and adding my vote. I also saw a preview from a long time ago and this seems like it is one of those low-hanging fruit items.

Not a huge blocker, but showing images in views would make working with things like inventory, brands, or people more useful. I think this shouldn’t just apply to board view, but that is certainly where it would be used the most.

My example use case:

• Managing Subscription Box Business:
    • We have been doing this for the past year or so.
    • We leverage cratejoy to operate it, but it doesn’t have anything built-in that helps you model out the “boxes”, what products you included in each type of box, and which customers received which box (and therefor items). Then you can do things like calculate per box profit, etc.
    • Having a board of “products” and “brands” and past boxes would be more intuitive to use for non-technical people.
6 Likes

Good to see some more support for this! I too was intrigued by the original preview of this that was teased some time ago! I will say though it is lower on my list of wants right now, to the point that I removed a valuable vote I had used for it, but would love to see it all the same…

1 Like

It will be really helpful to reduce noise an chaos when you have a lot of stories for large teams!

Can’t wait for that :slight_smile: