Set Icon via Formula

Hi,

Is it possible that icons cannot be set via a Formula yet? I would like to give my Views an icon that represents the product they belong to. So I made a simple little formula called Icon that reads the icon of the product and.

The formula works and I cannot add any other Icon, but still, the actual icon doesn’t show up in any of the lists:

and

Thanks!
Wolf

I think the problem is that there is a difference between the Icon field and a field with the name Icon.

As an analogy, if you create a field called State, you won’t be able to add the Workflow field, since it has to have the name State and that name is now already taken. This doesn’t mean that the field you created will function in the same way as the native workflow field.

Similarly, if you define a (formula) field called Icon, you are prohibiting yourself from using the native Icon functionality, but the field you created will not behave as the native Icon field does.

At the moment, there is no way to define an icon using a formula, sorry

1 Like

Thanks, @Chr1sG, for confirming my suspicion. I trust the FRQ is somewhere in the ever-growing pile of features we all are asking for. :face_with_peeking_eye::melting_face:

Not an urgent one, but obviously great once all the magic fields can be set by formula as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

:slight_smile:

3 Likes