References reloaded

@YvetteLans, I can confirm that we added this use case to the feature, thank you.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I just noticed that Show rich text field on the board is already in progress :exploding_head::star_struck: Fibery’s development speed is so impressive. Especially when you consider the size of the team!

1 Like

Some Reference related news:

4 Likes

@aoe, I answer here to keep the related things in one place.

As a fan of distractionless reading, I understand your point, and we have something similar in the backlog. I’m unsure how it should work yet, but we are considering it. Stay tuned.

3 Likes

@YvetteLans, I answer here to keep the related things in one place.

I added this information to the Reference creation feature, and we will try to figure out something.

2 Likes

Related: Request to reduce clicks for creating entities/references

1 Like

Here is the first working version of Highlights

6 Likes

The link in this message seems to be dead. So, I’ll ask here: are there any plans to add fields for Relations?
Adding even the weights and directions of Relations makes their analysis more in-depth, so I totally agree with @Yuri_BC

I love Fibery so much, but the lack of this feature nullifies almost all of its advantages for me :pensive:

Do you have specific use cases, and how does the highlights functionality come close to your needs?
Are there other tools that deliver relation properties in a nice way, that could be replicated in Fibery?

My use case is similar to that one described by you. It’s not directly related to the highlight functionality, but my question is essentially a repeat of this one:

I haven’t found any tools that provide this functionality in a nice way. However, this concept could lead to something similar to a knowledge graph/graph database to some extent. This would allow using Fibery as a more powerful data analysis tool.

Are there plans to show the references in a more UI friendly way?

We mention entities a lot in text (especially in wikis, like Fibery does in the Fibery guide)

But currently it’s not very doable to actual do something with those references since it’s not UI friendly.

It would be really helpful if those references also show in a table.

So that you can easily see all linked items, open the source and so that you can use the quick search when it’s released :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m not able to add the Readwise highlight database as a source and Readwise is also not an option in the Integrations.

Is that a bug or by design?

And also curious if there is an update for this question :point_down:t2:

1 Like

I think you can add it via Link Source Database menu

It is unlikely we will do anything with references in the next 6-12 months

I think maybe it can’t be added because the rich text field is read-only, and highlights require sources to have an editable rich text field.

Yes although you also can’t change a message (email) and there you can use the highlight function :thinking:

For an email integration Message database, the Message rich text field is actually editable.

Wow, never knew that :sweat_smile: (we copy the message to another database so we don’t use the message database at all)

Even when this is fixed; we just added our 6th and last source database so we can’t even add Readwise if we want to :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like