Oct 19, 2023 / ๐Ÿ˜… Browser notifications, modify reference selection, experimental new comments

Wow! Awesome release. Insane how fast Fibery releases if you look at the team size :grin::grin:

Feedback modify reference selection

• Works really well :star_struck::star_struck: Awesome UX and feels intuitive
  • Related: is it really needed to show the database abbreviation at the right side? Can imagine that it can be handy sometimes, but for our use cases itโ€™s often not helpful (we have a lot of databases that starts with the same letter and thus have the same abbreviation). I think it looks cleaner if itโ€™s not in your face.
  • Would be really awesome if we can see the full database name(s in the future) if you hoover over the reference :exploding_head:

Feedback comments/threads

• Thrilled to see that we can reply nested on other comments (not expected this so soon! :star_struck:)
  • I love the ability to quickly go to the comment section on top of the page.
  • I donโ€™t prefer that all comments always open in the right panel. For us it would be better that comments are always on the entity page so that we donโ€™t loose information if we work split screen.
  • I prefer to open/close threads like in this forum (Fibery already did a great job in also showing which person replied when)

The following would be handy for us.

Option 1

• Always show last x comments (I think 3-5?). If there are more, then auto collapse the older ones.

Option 2

• Allways show all comments. On top of the comment section there is a โ€˜slide toโ€™ shortcut to the latest comment with meta data about that comment (such as created byโ€™ plus date/time)

And in general

• Would be really handy if we can pin a comment so that the conclusion of a thread is on top (we sort comments from old to new).

If you guys decide to keep comments on the entity page, it would still be awesome to have a shortcut on top of the entity to slide to the latest comment. So that you can read and/or create a new comment easily.

And I second these points:

Yes, then we could pin the conclusion of a thread on top (since we sort comments from old to new)

Agree โ†’ you can still connect an entity if you link the entity in the comment text. Then it will show as reference.

Yes, then the comment panel would be really handy. For example if you have an overview of all projects โ†’ then quickly read comments of a project. Plus points if we could also show 'last comment by [user] - [date time] in a grid view :smirk::smirk:

1 Like