Nov 2, 2023 / Collapse replies in entity comments, Fibery User Guide chatbot

This is great, been waiting for groups for a long time!

We got used to comments running in a long thread down the page, so having to open up to see replies is an extra step that takes away from the ability to just scroll and glance at the entire conversation in an entity. Would you guys consider allowing a setting so they don’t collapse by default? I would actually prefer they not collapse at all, and at least this way I could set up that I don’t have to click to see the response first…

I hope this doesn’t mean permanent abandonment! I waited about 2 1/2 years for you guys to return replies from the original iteration of comments that had threads, happy to wait still on resolutions to comments, but I hope you don’t give up on that! It would be a true innovation and allow yet another level of sophistication in Fibery around communication and clarity of work. Marking a comment as “resolved” without a way to say what was resolved is something in other tools that always left me wanting to know what happened, and leaves a hole in a team’s documentation (since you can’t provide the explanation alongside the “resolved” check mark). Just citing one of the requests for this (https://community.fibery.io/t/resolving-comments/2824) in case any new users would like to support this.

And just have to point out for the record that you have been around such a feature before:

Thanks guys and keep up the good work!

2 Likes