This is the roadmap till May. Why till May? In May 2023 we are going to have our first offline retreat and discuss Fibery 2.0 in details. Till that event we will focus on improvements in several areas.
This list of features is just our desires and it is unlikely we’ll complete all the things enumerated below. It also may change based on unexpected events and moon phase, so this is not a promise but an intention. Here are the Themes and Features.
We are focusing in Entity Level permissions here. It is unclear when we will deliver anything, but we will try to progress in this are as deep as we can.
This is the top request we have with 200+ references attached. Time has come.
Fibery Tables are very limited, so we will work on new tables to solve the following problems:
- Groups in Table View
- Totals / other formulas in the footer of Table View
- Columns stickiness
- Overall user experience, like fast filters, sort, etc.
We’ll create a prototype based on AG Grid and see how it works for us.
Just some quality of life things many people need:
- Group filters with nested logical operators (or/and)
- Filter and sort in relations selector
Knowledge management in Fibery is not great, many people are struggling to setup Wiki, so we will focus on many improvements in this area:
- Nested documents
- Fast creation of documents
- Files block
- iFrame block
- Callout block
- Custom emojis
Getting started improvements
- Better import (Notion, Confluence)
- Invite users via a link
- … the scope here is less clear, we got a new person (Kalman) in our product team who took this area, so we expect to have more here soon.
- AI assistance in Documents and Rich Text fields
- Invoke AI actions in automations
- … we are still exploring this area and most likely more things will come here.
Fibery was the first tool to include whiteboard, but we never polished it enough. We will finally form a small team that will focus on it. Please, don’t expect anything major in the next months, our goal is to have a vision and nail use cases, then select a technology and start execution.
Please do share your desired Whiteboard use cases with us.
Communication in Fibery research
I know you miss features like Watch entity , but we want to postpone this whole huge communication theme till May and learn more. We created a very novel concept how communication should be merged into Fibery and in the next months we will do several things to verify this concept and be ready for the deep discussion in May.
- We will conduct 10+ customer discovery sessions to learn how you communicate and use chats. By the way, if you are willing to do it, please contact us directly or in a comment below and we will contact you. During this session we will learn how you work, provide our ideas about this area in Fibery and have a conversation around chats, sync/async communication, etc.
- We will create a prototype of our idea to verify technical feasibility. It affects how Documents will be structured and so fare we are not sure it can be done in a reasonable timeframe.
I understand that this roadmap will not please all the users, but this is what we settled with till May internally.
P.S. Your feedback is appreciated, as always! If something is very brief and not clear, please ask questions and I will add more details