Next iteration of Comments - Commenting when Resolving & assigning as tasks/reminders

I wanted to add on here some more re: how much needed is some additional capability around @mentions and the functionality around them so the @mentioned user makes sure to see the mention, and react. My team has been missing these routinely and it’s causing large productivity issues.

Right now, if you use an @mention, the most natural, intuitive way in any Work Mgmt app to call out another user, the only way that user can see this is in the Notifications Pane. This is where issues start:

• you can’t see the context of the mention. So it’s easy to bypass the mention because if you are just glancing through notifications, you won’t see what was asked of you, and you can be prone to forgetting to go back and check

• As @Haslien pointed out here:

the “redness” of the Notification area does not jump out at users. So in the daily flow, it’s easy to ignore this area

• There is no way to resolve an @mention. There is no area showing how many @mentions are “outstanding” that need to be read and resolved.

I’d like to continue to suggest some feature build around this that would solve the issue:

• When Dashboards arrive, have a user’s @mentions as an integral part of that Dashboard. Allow for the resolution of the @mentions, so that it’s possible to “check them off” to show they have been addressed. A cool addition to this would be some kind of return info or notification to the author that the @mention they assigned has been dealt with

• Per my mention of the Twist.com app above, it would be great to have some ability to comment in a resolution about what you actually did to resolve something. Often when I see apps that have a simple checkbox next to comments called “resolve,” I wonder how you can know what was actually done to resolve something?

Thanks guys and hopefully all this will give you some good ideas around building this feature, which I really hope to see soon!