đŸ”„ May 30, 2024 / Fibery 2.0 with Highlights and Fibery AI

You won’t be able to link to an entity, but you can still #mention an entity

1 Like

Awesome release! Congratulations to the Fibery team! :partying_face:

One question: I am trying to get the Simplest Auto Layouts, but it is not working - I do not see this option when I do the same as in the GIF in the release post. Do others experience the same?

What do you seen when selecting some cards on Whiteboard?

fibery_wb_gif

This is what I see ^^

1 Like

OMG, it seems we forgot to remove the flag on production release and this feature is hidden. We will fix it soon, I hope today, or tomorrow morning in the worst case

7 Likes

Ha, thanks a lot!! :smile:

And if it’s tomorrow, I will probably survive one more day without this feature! :wink:

Please try now

1 Like

It works! Thanks a lot, lightning speed!! :rabbit2::zap:

I will try it out for my use cases and will give feedback this week!

BUG: The vertical and horizontal options in the auto layout produce the opposite intended result from my experience. Clicking the horizontal button aligns them vertically, and vice versa.

BUG: If there is an entity to the right of a whiteboard and you click the 3 dots menu on the whiteboard, the menu gets displayed under the collapsed entity so you can’t easy interact with it.

I do like the auto layout feature though, definitely the biggest highlight in 2.0 for me as it’s a step closer to my dream of an auto generated “tree” context view of entities just like the list, table and board views we already have

I would LOVE to see Views become a real Type/DB of their own :star_struck:

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t add new dbs

We can’t reproduce it. Do you have a video with this behavior?

Congrats, team! Massive update and I am keen to see where all this is headed.

I’m definitely keen on being able to configure relations further and give them properties and weights. One use case for example is being able to have a space that allows me to make a data model with relationships all in Fibery that then can be used to generate code/systems.

Upgrading to Highlights felt a little risky because the description of the implications is confusing. But thanks to this post it got clearer and we took the plunge:

Thanks and onwards to interesting times. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Overall I am incredibly excited with these developments. Once again though I feel duty bound to point out how good a product Fibery is, but I worry that you only see its potential as a product management tool, when its abilities for wider forms of research are staggering (and that’s a massive market you aren’t addressing to my mind). Highlights + AI is revolutionary for us and will massively reduce time spent coding interview and other qualitative data and massively increase quality. Three key thoughts on the other changes:

1. One of the key ways we use it is with clients - in the project they get access to a Fibery instance and help gather data for the research project and to feedback on some stuff. They don’t need AI features but for the researchers to code all the data (and correct me if I am wrong) I’ll need to spend money on the AI pro features because everyone has to have it. A cheap “contributor” user level (can only update entities) would be really useful. Again, you guys deserve the money as this is going to save us so much time and reduce effort, but it seems wasteful
  2. Limits on AI for automations and transcriptions. Our sort of projects are lumpy. We do some reseach and there will be some intensive use of highlights and transcriptions, and then
 well nothing. The pay as you go usage of OpenAI API suited us well. I’m concerned we’ll get into a project and then hit an AI usage limit. Your assumption is on constant improvement of a product team, not a research project.
  3. Overlapping highlights. I know it’s in the backlog, but it’s really essential.

Anyway, overall great job and you should be incredibly proud. We saw the potential in Fibery 2020 and the whole business is built on it, so we are really invested on seeing this develop and you are really delivering - so thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback!

While we feel a potential, we just can address more than one market at a time. It would be great if you explore Fibery application for this market and write something about it with examples, but so far we will keep focusing on product development.

This is true and this is the current offering. Note that it is a common thing in almost any tool, including Notion or ClickUp. For us it is relatively hard to differentiate what users are using it, etc.

From our stats, automations limits are VERY large, no account is even 10x close to them, so I think you will be safe here. Transcription is new and will see whether these limits are OK. There is a chance that they will be increased, we will see.

2 Likes

Wow! Great release. The highlight functionality is really great.

But
 We found out that you even launched another feature that wasn’t even mentioned in the already long release notes. It is now just possible to show many relationships in the 1 column section above it. That’s really great. You made my day!:partying_face:

Not sure what you mean. Maybe a screenshot would help.
Do you mean that you can drag a collection field to the compact field section?

Yes. Reversed Auto Layouts | Loom

1 Like

Yeah, I think that’s what he means and I agree that’s a feature worth highlighting as many of us are very excited about the improved entity layout customizations!

It is not a bug, here is an explanation from a dev:

right, this is how it works
you have many-to-many between each node, so you can get from any node to any →
it is a strongly connected component →
it renders in one level
if you choose horizontal layout, each layer content will be rendered vertically then second layer will be places horizontally
and viseversa