[APPROVED] Add "Description" area to apps created from Scratch

Hey, I agree with @Chr1sG on this one. My team naturally gravitates to the “App” element on the left menu as this is a highly intuitive navigation that is a fundamental for just about all productivity apps. The concept of “Folder” or “Space” or “Project” or “Tag” etc. etc. is practically universal and very expected I think. Having a big area reserved for the app on the left menu, but then forcing the user to dig in the hierarchy to find a doc or some other element to overview the App is not a natural navigation.

What’s more, the App “home area,” part of what I intended with this post, is about the closest thing right now that resembles a Dashboard in Fibery. There’s been a lot of talk by colleagues @Oshyan and Chris as well about a “home” segment of Fibery you could start out with when you log in, and return to frequently.

All these requests deal with the same issue.

If you guys have some plans around a homepage/dashboard I for one would love to hear it, as for now as closely as I study your twitter, this community, your reddit, blog, etc. I don’t see much discussion of one. That’s one of the reason for all my requests. I will also say that what @mdubakov and team in TargetProcess have to solve this is one of the best solutions I’ve seen on the market. So would love any insight as to whether there are plans to go in that direction.

So in summing up, if there are other plans for some kind of comprehensive Dashboards that go beyond the existing App “homepage” we have now that is where you configure the App, but nothing more, than that would surely satisfy my request. But absent of any info as to your guys’ plans, I am only able to make requests based around known elements of Fibery. The existing App “homepage” is one of them.

I hope that’s useful and keep up the great work!

1 Like