We’ve discovered that ~60% of new accounts spend less that 10 minutes in Fibery and never return.
- Type concept is hard to grasp. It is very abstract.
- People don’t understand the difference between View and Type
- App is a misleading term.
- App creation is a hard process that demands high level of abstraction thinking.
Now we are focusing on new getting started experience that will make Fibery easier to grasp. The main ideas:
App settings area with Types will be replaced with Tables as shown below
This is a move to a more concrete solution (similar to other vendors) where you operate with data directly.
Schema most likely will be put into a separate button and look like this:
Automations will be a separate popup as well (for a Type level so far, but later we’ll move them to an App level)
- Click on App Name will navigate to settings, click on > icon will expand / collapse app
- Type will be a first-class citizen and will be visible in left menu (however, it can be hidden at later stages by an admin)
We’ll rename App and Type terms.
So far the best candidates are:
App → Space
Type → Data Type