What kind of work (business/company) are you managing with Fibery?

You know, size isn’t everything :wink:
But seriously, I knew where I wanted to go as soon as I started with fibery, because I had already tried (and failed) with other tools to achieve the ‘knowledge network’ I was hoping for.

I wasn’t aware of the pricing deliberations prior to me trying fibery, and it may have put me off if there had been a limit of 15 types in the free plan. Thankfully, I can achieve what I want with the Team plan, and now I’m here, I can see myself appreciating it enough to upgrade to Company if the fibery team end up offering specific premium features (e.g. fully functioning whiteboards).

I’ve learnt from previous workplaces that it is far too common for there to be misunderstandings across the team about what things mean, and/or for there to be multiple places where something is described/defined that contradict each other (usually when one place is updated and another isn’t). Being able to define something once only (and then #mention it as needed) is so useful, especially when the time comes to change the definition, and you can view all the references to see what impact you might be having.

As a side note, I am slightly concerned for the fibery team that they have such diverse use cases (just looking at the amazing things people are doing with it). It’s not something that is normally considered best practice for a startup, where it’s often better to serve a beach-head segment and then broaden the appeal. Michael has written that they are going after the ‘product teams’ as their target, for medium to large team sizes, and I know that I’m not really in that bucket. I just hope that the strength of fibery (its wonderful flexibility) isn’t its downfall, and that it does truly end up being the (almost) perfect tool for a wide variety of teams/companies.

3 Likes