Use AI to fill entity fields of name formula

I’m a big user of generated names as that brings consistency and structure to our data and makes finding it so much easier thanks to consistent prefixes, etc. (e.g. for releases, but even APIs, Views and other parts of the spec)

One huge drawback of generated names is that when creating new entities as part of a view or even inline, Fibery needs to go through this awkward dance where I indicate that I’m creating a new entity, Fibery tells me that the name will be generated yet still lets me type stuff and then finally, after I submit everything I typed gets forgotten and a nothing-empty-void name is generated (as no fields are likely to be filled)

I see that the team’s been keen on using AI for a number of things. This would be a use case I’d love to be AI put to use. As I enter the expected name of the new entity, the AI should decide based on the formula and the data, how to fill the defining fields. That way it makes sense to let me type a name and the result will be an entity with a better name than

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m not certain exactly how it should work, but I feel like this is a more specific/narrow case of what should be more general improvements to the formula name handling for in-line entity creation (and any other situation where there is a need to provide a name that just gets replaced by the formula result). So I think a more general feature request might be best (may already exist, don’t have a moment to look just now :sweat_smile:).

I was thinking something that sort of combines the button automation “Text Input” pop-up function with the Form function, in a sense, basically creating a pop-up on creation of any formula-named entity with only the fields used in the formula being shown for filling in-line right there (in the pop-up). AI could be integrated into that in some way, I’d hope, i.e. as part of the name formula for that database, like entity.name = source/reference.entity.field(s) -> ChatGPT (sorry, I am terrible with Fibery formula syntax, so this is beyond pseudo code :laughing:).

1 Like

Some related topics:

3 Likes

True, a more generic, reusable solution is of course also welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like