Tell us what templates you want 😁

No guarantees, but I’m currently working on a template to plan budgets and track income/expenses.
It won’t be a fully-featured accounting system, but could be useful for startups looking to estimate how much investment they need or how much runway they have.
Keep your eyes peeled

3 Likes

Fyi, we released the Finance template that might help some people visiting this thread.

2 Likes

Are there any plans to allow templates to be saved for things like Views?

I spend at least an hour a day (not exaggerating) recreating views from one place to another place because either someone else in the company changed the view and forgot to duplicate it first or I want a new view that is similar to another view only but with one more or one less level/layer/row, but doing that wipes out all the formatting to visible fields, field ordering, colours, filters, etc.

I end up taking screenshots when they look good so I can at least have something to reference when they inevitably get broken or I need to remake them at some point.

ClickUp does these really well (along with the ability to lock views, have private/personal views, etc)

How would having templates help with the problem of other users modifying shared views?

Would take a couple seconds to “reset” the view back to the template default instead of having to manually fix/recreate it.

Maybe someday we will have an admin-accessible History option in Views, like we have “entity History”?
To more easily roll back/undo in such cases…

That would be nice too! Templates do have a lot of other value when creating new entities though, it’s not always about cleaning up messes. :slight_smile:

It’s also quite cumbersome to replicate the same filters between boards. For example, for project management, I need to add filters to hide the old tasks in Done or Discarded, or the board gets unusable after some time.

I need to add the two filters manually in each board and every time I create a new view for another project or team.

And yes, I know and use smart folders, but it’s not the solution to everything.

1 Like

In what ways could smart folders be improved?

They are intended to solve exactly this problem:

I love Smart Folders, and it’s the solution for some use cases, but it would be great to have filter templates that you can apply to any view like you do in Jira or Clickup. An alternative would be what Airtable does; you have the option to copy filters from another view.

2 Likes