Should I Invest in Fibery? (individual PKM use case)

As mentioned by Michael in this topic:

That would be great :smile:

Although there is another great solution in my opinion. I think it should be sufficient if ‘My space’ is completely private, even for admins. Like ClickUp also has private workspaces. Then My space can be a PKM.

Yes, for my own situation that’s not a problem. But for my clients I’m foreseeing some problems:

• The Readwise API currently don’t support a filter based on tags
  • Therefor all highlights will be imported in Fibery

Sometimes that’s what you want. For example: a stand-alone highlight from an article etc. But if you’re reading a book, the separate highlights can create overwhelm. Most of the time you want to summarize/rewrite them before you put them in Fibery.

(We only did a quick test; as far as I could see every seperate highlight is a new record in the database)

So what I ideally want is to help my clients to prevent an information overload. So for example ‘only if a highlight has a tag Fibery then import the highlight in Fibery’.

Via N8N that’s not working properly. Problem is that the updated_at key doesn’t change when you add a tag (only when you edit a highlight). And fetch + filter all data for all of our clients via N8N will take too much server resources.

That’s why a native integration would be best. And hopefully it could work like the Google calendar: “select (tags) what you want to import”

TLDR: we did a quick test, but so far the result is not ideal. @tpaktop have you already build a good integration?

3 Likes