Reciprocal reference when using "/" commands in entities

Hey @cannibalflea all great stuff! This thinking goes along very closely with some of my vision of how to relate entities across Fibery ideally, and UX around this, so the process is as quick and easy as possible to do while working in situations where quick movement around Fibery is required, like meetings as you point out.

I think there is a lot of potential around this request:

One other customization I’d like to see is what part of a related entity to display in the Rich Text canvas. Currently you just see a name, and a color. Things like Status, ID, and some other info would be very useful. You are also talking about some functionality that I think could be well-handled by a checklist-type entity, which I think would be a good extension:

One more point that I think supplements a lot of the functionality you are speaking about: I think some general concept of “source” of an entity is a very strong attribute. In particular, if the entity got created out of another entity, and not just entered in the system from “Scratch.” Roam has a very strong timeline integration, as from what I understand, the idea is that you can more easily trace your notes if you have a good view of when you added them into Roam. Similarly in Fibery, if we had some feature that let you see if an entity was created out of a Doc, or another entity, and when, it would really let a team continue to massage the work inside Fibery over time. How often to teams in Jira get a huge, unwieldy backlog, and lose track of a lot of the stuff in there after 6 months, because nobody knows where they came from?

I am considering setting up a button to create new entities out of other entities, for example the concept of “follow-on” tasks. Then, use the API to notate in the resulting entity’s comment stream that “new entity x was created from original entity y.”

An example of when I would use this would be: You cancel your phone service, but realize you need to return the phone itself in 6 months. Create a follow-on related task, that way when the task to return the phone comes on the calendar way in the future (6 months later), you can see where this task came from.

Thanks for these suggestions, I support them all!