Q: What are your top 3 missing things/features in Fibery?

I have to agree with @Oshyan 's list and the sentiment that I am hoping that a few foundational features are added that can then allow building more interesting things on top.

• Blocks: to enable embedding of views, entities (in-line or as blocks) which will really help with generally being able to reorganize entity views and creating things like dashboards. I am hoping that this is also supported in markdown templates (i.e. you are able to insert view blocks into entities when they are created using rules with parameters defined at creation time)

• Polymorphic relations: that is consolidating relation fields so that every relation (even those that are rare/occasional) don’t have to be explicitly defined. I am also hoping this would include adding properties to relations. I think this makes fibery’s relations truly graph-like and allow things like building knowledge systems or even building a very powerful CRM or contacts graph where you are interested in connections between people but also how they are are connected)

• Improvements to table view: this includes grouping and aggregate/rollup functions, searching & temporary filtering (i.e. for quick lookup of current data without permanently changing view filters), and some more rendering options for URLs and rich text fields.

I tend to group things that in my mind go together or seem to require consideration together even though they might considered distinct features so apologies if I crammed more than 3 things above.

As far as other items:

• Search improvements: this includes search & replace (for simple text & for entity references), extending search to other fields, scoping, setting filters (e.g. for closed items), and providing more context in search window.

• Geospatial field types: this is not a priority for anyone but it remains a pain point for anyone dealing with physical world (construction, real-estate, architecture & engineering, retail, etc.). Even possibility of having json fields that at least check json formatting would be a good start.

• Plugins/extensions/custom blocks: to allow users to create some features that are not priorities for fibery core. I understand this has to be done very carefully so just adding it as a consideration when building some of the underlying things like block to enable this in the future. One use case for me is implementation of a map view/block using leaflet (related to above).

Thanks again for all the hard work. It is amazing what has been accomplished to date :grin:

5 Likes