Personal vs. Team knowledge management (PKM → TKM sync)

Excellent! I was secretly hoping you might. :grin:

Wait… what!? :open_mouth: What did you have in mind when you built this? If it can already read text content, and Fibery already supports Markdown, it doesn’t seem like much of a stretch to support Obsidian content, right? :grinning:

Sure, it could be via N8N, Make, etc. But I’d prefer a more direct connection, which I was until-now assuming would be an Obsidian plugin. I’m not a coder, so I’m not sure I’m right in my assumptions here, but I figured that doing it from Obsidian would make it easier to integrate with the local file system, to pull changes from Fibery back into Obsidian if desired (i.e. make it bi-directional), to make sure Fibery changes into Obsidian are synced to Obsidian Sync if desired, etc. It might also better allow for potentially fancier integration in the future e.g. with Dataview and its successor, so that even DBs could potentially be synced (fantasy/wishlist, but may be possible one day!). I would also want to make the plugin open source, if possible.

Also just to make it clear why I personally want a Fibery ↔ Obsidian integration, there is the current advantage with Obsidian’s incredibly well-implemented Canvas that is the most immediate draw. But more broadly I think it has the potential to provide a beautiful hybrid and “backup”/“out” for people who have “cloud anxiety”. If Fibery had good integration with Obsidian and/or local Markdown in general, it could be a form of basic “backup” that is more sustainable than manual workspace exports. It could also open up Fibery content manipulation (at least in basic/limited form) from Obsidian Mobile (a great experience), and even perhaps a wide variety of other Markdown mobile apps, e.g. if you sync Fibery to local machine, and sync that with a mobile Markdown editor of your choice (separately).

So hopefully a discussion can be had before I move forward about whether Fibery’s nascent file system support could be used instead, since it already exists! But unclear if it’s bi-directional, etc., or could be made so… (part of the conversation that needs to be had, of course :grin:)

4 Likes