For the pre-configured “State” field, the value “Done” (or whatever you name the last state on the list) is configured to grey out the belonging entity in within entity view. See example:
It would be nice to have that option for a) other states, either by being able to select within the edit view here:
for ALL single select fields, not just pre configured.
Or, an option within the color coding filter:
You can already configure that for other states – but I agree that it’s kind of like a hidden feature
This is very good to know, but maybe I’d want “dropped” projects to be greyed out as well without having to see checkmark.
Obviously a very minor and unimportant thing
I understand and to do that the only way I found was to implement my own “Status” field:
- based on the single select field where you define the status you want
- bonus point you can choose a nice icon
- you also add a “State” field with the Open & Done states
- Do not expose the "State field
- Create an automation mapping
- your “open” Statuses to the Open state
- and your final statuses like “Dropped” in your case to the Done state
You can obtain something like