Allow custom colours (or shading) for workflow states

In some cases I use the workflow states to indicate when an entity is progressing from ‘draft’, through ‘in review’ to ‘approved’ state. In these cases, it’s actually preferable that the ‘draft’ and ‘in review’ states are greyed out, and only the ‘approved’ state is shown in white (i.e. the opposite of the current functionality).
Can we have the ability to customise the shading (or even the colours) of the workflow states.

Also, although it is nice that there are little icons to represent the various states that show proportion complete (sort of), it might be nice to have custom icons as well.

1 Like

Hmm, I’m not sure it’s what you mean, but you can control both color and icon. Alt-click on workflow state and you get its options (as if it were an entity in itself), where you can change color and icon.

6ImiQHDAS5

The “completion amount” ring around the circle on the left seems solely dependent on where in the list the option is, so it treats it as linear from top to bottom. You’ll notice our “new” is actually at 1/4. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I guess maybe that’s the icon you mean, and if so, indeed you can’t change it.

Yeah, sorry, I didn’t express myself very well.
In terms of shading/colour, I actually meant the entity itself, not just the workflow status word.
At the moment, the entity is white when in a non-final state, and grey when in a final state (irrespective of the colour of the workflow state).

And for the icon, yes, I meant the ‘completion amount’ ring, as you call it.

1 Like

Gotcha. I probably could have figured that out from what you evidently wanted it to help you do. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: