When testing out pasting multiple rows, I noticed that a separate issue is that the multi-row selection behavior in the new table view isn’t great.
Video demonstrating the issues below: fibery_row_selection.mov - Google Drive
Multi-Selection Right Click Delete Doesn’t Work
- Airtable supports selecting multiple items, then right clicking on one to delete them all. Fibery doesn’t support this and you lose your selection.
Limited/Odd Multi-Row Selection Behavior
- Fibery’s multiple row selection when holding shift doesn’t behave the way I’d expect. Airtable does work as expected. With airtable you never lose any of your selection. With fibery, the behavior is different based on if you are clicking above or below existing selections.
- 20 rows, I have rows 10-15 selected by selecting 10 (checkbox), holding shift, then selecting 15.
- Now, I want to go up and add rows 3-6.
- I go up to row 3 and select it (still good, i’ve only added to the total number of rows) (One thing to note here is that if I hold shift and select row 3 in fibery, it does the same thing as not holding shift. With airtable, if i hold shift and click row 3, it would add rows 3-9 to the rows selected)
- Now, I hold shift and select row 6 and now I only have rows 3-6 selected
Multi-Select Indexing Issue
- Fibery seem to have an indexing issue when selecting multiple rows by shift clicking the checkboxes.
- You can see this happen in my video when i try to delete all the rows pasted, but the last one remains and I have to delete it
- The last one you click doesn’t get included in the selection.
- However, if you shift click avoiding the checkboxes, it includes the range expected (although it still has the other limitations shown in the video)