[DONE] Exported backup / Export all data

Similar to Backup entire workspace?, but not the same thing.

Request
I would want to have some way to backup data myself—at least export data of certain ‘Views’, like ‘Board view’, so it doesn’t need all the interconnected data/relations that it links to.
I my particular case I would only need the data it is currently displaying.
Good to see that charts view has export in various formats so far.

Why
I’ve come to understand it is a relatively new service/platform, and I (really) want to move from our current system to this as it is 100% what I needed. However, I must be prepared for disaster with some of this data at least return.

Will be trying to set up my use cases in the meantime and try run this system in parallel.
So far I have managed to replicate one aspect (what you define as an App), and it is much more intuitive than our current.

Currently using free plan to get to know the system, looking forward to upgrading when ready.

2 Likes

@Haslien You can export data from Table View, just find Export Table action in top right corner. It will export visible data in a table as CSV. Is it enough?

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 14.03.29

1 Like

Yes! This works nicely :slight_smile:Thank you

We are having the same issue.

We easily built a custom workflow in Fibery in one day that we’ve not been able to implement on any of your competitors platforms. The product is fantastic! However, we’re concerned about the ability to export our data in the event we ever change platforms or, [knock-on-wood], the platform goes away.

We’re aware of the Export Table feature but it only exports the currently configured table view which does not show rich text fields. Our types include many rich text fields and we can’t lose that data. It would be minimally acceptable if the Export Table feature could export rich text fields. Ideally, you would provide some kind of app / account wide full data export in compressed format. Is this a future feature on your roadmap?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Agree. Even though maybe most users won’t use the export function is better to have ways to export most of the important data just for their comfort, which includes rich fields and doc views.

2 Likes

Agree, this makes a lot of sense to me, too. Glad to hear @redrockcity of your enthusiasm, the more satisfied users in Fibery, the better for the rest of us who have been here a while and eager for the product to grow.

Cheers!

It’s very easy to delete data in Fibery. As this becomes a company-wide tool (or rather, as the company grows) this will become more of a liability. Somebody will do it. I’ve already done it twice myself. So at best I end up with a CSV file? How do I get that data back into Fibery?
For me to be comfortable really using this tool there must be a simple way to backup data and roll back to how it was a few minutes ago (before I deleted a fair chunk of my mission-critical data).

1 Like

Can i add my vote to this, but specifically I’d love granular export/backup capability (entity-level) if possible :pray:

1 Like

In the table, you also won’t be able to get the first-level content in each of the entities, like description, images in description, or fields of the type that is not shown in the table overview. It’s basically as I initially requested it, and that worked well.

My needs have however grown as my workspace grew. Exporting everything I get can be a be complicated due to references and circular dependency, but a first-level I would hope be do-able.

1 Like

Please add me now to the users needing this functionality. Sure enough, as @Haslien and @Chr1sG are pointing out, you miss big chunks of data with the Table Export, as a key point here I just now realized is it only exports the data you are showing from the Entity in a given Table View. So if you just have the Name, which is the default, only that info will export.

So to follow on what @Haslien is saying, you can’t actually get exported any of the important stuff that won’t show in Table View, like Rich Text - so the key info of Entity Description, because that won’t be included.

I was using this as a workaround for trying to do this:

But I couldn’t figure out why when I exported per @mdubakov suggestion, I was missing a lot of data.

Hope we can get these key capabilities pretty soon in Fibery!

This is a part of our Fear Management initiative, most likely it will be done in the next 3-6 months.

3 Likes

Is there an update on this feature?

Hi!
We released a Markdown export, so we’re slowly working in this direction :slight_smile:

Implementation started. It will be possible to export all data into Markdown + CSV.

4 Likes

That Feature is ready
Please, check more details here :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I would like to reopen the topic. It’s great that we can trigger and download a complete export of a workspace, but there are several manual steps involved in performing regular backups. For proper disaster management, we need to store a backup externally at least once a week. Therefore, it would be beneficial to have an automation option. Here are my desired features:

1. Specify a scheduler for when and which spaces a backup should be created. :alarm_clock:
  2. Provide a URL field where the download link can be sent via POST after a successful backup creation (with a token or other authentication). :inbox_tray::link:

Some simpler ideas would also be helpful:

1. Specify a target email address. :e-mail:
  2. Perform a GraphQL query for already created backups/URLs. :mag_right::file_cabinet:

Best regards, Lukas :zap:

2 Likes