[✔️] Markdown export

Use cases
Export documents (or excerpts from the documents) in fibery.

Current workflow
Now I can do it either via the API or using some third-party services integrations (e.g. github issues are exported preserving markdown format).

Suggestions

• a button to export document as markdown
5 Likes

Export is implemented in latest release

1 Like

Yay! Thanks for implementing this! The lack of markdown export was my last remaining major reservation about Finery.

Is there a plan in the future to be able to export an entire workspace to markdown (so that you could export all entities without having to manually click on each one)?

2 Likes

Sure, this was just a necessary first step. Next are:

1. Select entities in table view and export in batch
  2. Export entire workspace (it will take longer to implement)
2 Likes

Fantastic! That’s great to hear!

Please make it possible to import and export MD automatically to given backend machen, preferable as part of a git workflow. I.e. if a entity changed push a PR towards GitHub, or push a branch in plain git. May also the other way around to react on GH actions?

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing Holger, but I’m not sure that I understand the problem… If you could share more details, that would be super cool :frog:

@Polina_Zenevich sure no problem, tough this was clear enough… But in more details the Use case:

As a user I want to eliminate manual and local data as much i can (may expect a full export as backup to run away from fibery, which is understandable as part of “fear management” but should not the main driver IMHO)

In this context I would not like to have local zip download, which i need to manually un pack and copy and paste in another system, manually.

I rather would prefer to configure a action which triggers at a change condition (or any other) and sends the object markdown “serialisation” towards a given “target” which might be:

• a git repo
  • a S3 Endpoint
  • a API PR request API Call at Github / Gitlab

This gives us the opportunity to start a action to build i.e. static pages via a trigger and a build publish pipeline.

Hope this makes sense?

2 Likes