Google Calendar Sync Feedback

Also it’s an idea to filter out “focus time” and “out of office” from the integration. Since those now are also being synced to Fibery.

1 Like

Update:

1. We’ve already released new version without events duplication, it links an event to several Calendars, please try it

1. We added date automatically to all repeating events, like Weekly Meeting 15-Nov-2022
  2. So far we don’t want to filter Focus and Out of office. OOO can be used for vacations tracking, so we want to collect more feedback.
  3. We also wrote a user guide (with some use cases in the bottom) . | Fibery
2 Likes

Released

1 Like

That is awesome. In the meantime, I work for a company that is using Microsoft. Is Outlook Calendar Sync on the Roadmap?

1 Like

It is not on the roadmap - the demand is not yet high enough.
If you wanted, you could create a feature request here in the community, and you might attract some more votes for it.

I am also very interested in outlook calendar sync

2 Likes

If Outlook allows you IMAP access, that could work.

Update: You wrote “Calendar”, I read “Email” :roll_eyes: Must be the end of a long day.

It doesn’t :frowning:

Yeah I wondered if there was some new thing that allowed to IMAP the calendar :smiley:

This is great!

The links do require me to log in though. However, this link works:
https://the.fibery.io/@public/User_Guide/Guide/Sync-public-holidays-from-Google-Calendar-138

Also, the custom integrations guide is pointing at a Heroku app that does not exist and overall as an example is bad, because the right way to pull public holidays should be this Google Calendar integration.

Stumbling over this finally enabled me to add a public holiday calendar. Thanks!

i get these errors in inbox but i dont know why. i added the google calendar sync and just added a “day” field to events. … is this something that maybe comes from the template? what did it do and do i miss it?

Where do you get taken to if you click on the message?
Can you send a screenshot of the relation mentioned.

I received the same error a few days ago; in my case it was caused by a time out during the first sync (because connection or Fibery wasn’t stable at that exact moment)

After I manually resynced, it was fixed! Maybe that works for you too @dukevannori.

2 Likes

Is it possible to sync more calendars added to one account after the initial Event database creation? I just subscribed to my teammates calendars in google calendar, and would like to now have those events synced to my existing Google Calendar integration in Fibery without creating a new integration.

I don’t think it is possible, because although Google is able to show your colleague’s calendar events overlaid on your calendar, these are not really events ‘in your calendar’.

I’m able to see their calendars in the Fibery gcal integration wizard when I start creating a new gcal integration, but I’d just like to update the exisitng integration if possible.

When you say that you can ‘see their calendars’ do you mean at this stage:

Or do you mean at this stage:

The second one. When I select the “Calendars” dropdown, I see my teammates’s calendars that I subscribed to.

OK then, so you can access the calendar from your account, but Google treats each calendar as a different source. An integration can only sync a single source.
FWIW, even if you sync them separately, most data views in Fibery allow you to see information from multiple databases, so you could still show events from multiple calendars in a single view.

I created a new Google Calendar sync from the Fibery template, selected their calendars from the dropdown described above, and am able to see all their events in Fibery now. Question still remains though (for me anyway, maybe I’m misunderstanding something) whether I would have been able to do that with the existing gcal integration I had set up.

I presume you mean ‘selected their calendar’ right?

It is only possible to sync a single calendar, i.e. you can’t have events from multiple calendars appearing in the same integration database