Field Activity Icon (Cell History)

Entities already have an activity log with all changes. It would be great to quickly view a filtered view of this activity log for a specific field from a View rather than having to open the entity.

• My main want would be for number cells in table view. But this would be really useful for more views and definitely for state, number, and date field types.
  • I imagine it would be similar to the question mark description/formula pop-up. But only show up in the corner of that cell/field if that value has been changed before
  • An alternate and cleaner approach might be to build the activity log into the ‘Right-Click Context Menu for Cards’ roadmap item. Right click, see activity log, with some quick filter options.

Your suggestion forced me to open Paint and sketch the simplest version of this that I’d love to see myself :sweat_smile::

3 Likes

Sorry to revive this topic but I’ve been thinking about something like this at least every other week and today I decided to create a feature request but was happy to find this thread.

@antoniokov, are there any updates on this?

I can’t vote for this since I’m out of votes, but this would be super useful.

Also, now that we have the watch feature, it would be even more amazing if you could watch a particular field for changes. Some entities that undergo a lot of changes can overload folks who might only be interested in tracking on particular aspect/field.

1 Like

There are no updates for now, but your message increases the chances of the Paint sketch turning into a release note screenshot :slight_smile:

1 Like