[DONE] Threads in Comments

I wanted to bump this up. I am really missing this as we use comments more and more as my team continues to get into Fibery. The only way to right now effectively show you are responding to somebody is very laborious:

• Copy text from the comment you want to respond to
  • Format it with “quotes” in your response to that person
  • Spend time fiddling with the formatting because quotes will take over entire groups of text, and I can’t figure out the logic. At times if I try to “hard return” on the next line to get out of the quotes formatting, that doesn’t work. Almost appears there is a bug here…
  • Think through do you want to repeat references if they are in the text you are trying to quote. This happens to us a lot. So if you copy the text from a colleague, you will get a double reference if he/she also had a reference in the copied text. Most of the time you don’t want the reference 2x, but there is no way around this other than deleting it, and then you lose part of the text you are trying to quote.

Again as I said at the start of this post, we had threads in Fibery before and they were useful, and really disappointing it is taking so long to bring them back.

I will also add that what would be even better is the ability to highlight text and then get the option to “quote” it in a new response. Something you can do here in Discourse, in Wrike, ClickUp, etc. - a host of other apps. I’m going to create a separate request for that because it’s a good functionality @Oshyan has also talked about with me. Here it is:

Thanks!

1 Like