Document table of contents labels blank when referencing entities

Hi everyone, I noticed something while working in a document today that I would be curious to get some feedback on. I’m not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior so I’ve added it to Ideas.

I often use referenced entities as the title of headers when creating documents. This is especially helpful for planning systems/programs when you might, for example, want to record design requirements in a document and draw a suggested relation diagram in whiteboards using entity cards.

The issue is that when you use a referenced entity as a header title, the table of contents shows a blank instead of the entity name. I’ve attached a picture to demonstrate. Would it be possible/desirable to be able to use the entity name as a header title? I realize there could be some unintended consequences to this so I’d be curious to see if anyone has a similar use case.

I actually do this all the time. I haven’t actively use the TOC feature so didn’t notice that it didn’t register the name of the referenced entity. I think this looks like a bug rather than an intentional choice.

2 Likes