CHANGELOG: July 29 / Batch Copy/Paste in Table View, Collections in Lookup Fields

Batch Copy/Paste in Table View

Now you can copy and paste content in Table View. There are many cases where it is helpful. You may just copy Excel table, you may copy some values and paste it to other cells. This will speed up data handling in Fibery a lot.

Collections in Lookup Fields

Now you can see Collections from Types linked by to-one relation. For example, we have Lead - Account, and inside an Account we have a list of Apps. But we want to see this list in Lead as well. Here is how you can setup it:

The next step is to allow see collections from lower level of hierarchy, this is in progress now.

Hard confirmation on Type/App deletion with 50+ entities

Fixed Bugs

• Board View: Hide empty units
  • Broken import because of the exceeded header size
  • Decimal number field doesn’t support null
2 Likes

Has anyone been able to figure out how to do this? I’m unable to mimic what is demonstrated in the video.

Please check this gif with recorded key strokes, maybe it will help.What exactly problem you are having?

Got it, thank you. I was trying to copy and paste from a spreadsheet across into Fibery, but this is helpful also.

I found some weirdness with copy+paste. I am on Windows 10.

I can copy and paste both within the same table in Fibery and between different tables in Fibery with no problems. I can also copy single columns from Excel and paste in Fibery with no problems. BUT:

I CANNOT copy multiple columns and rows from Excel and paste in Fibery, UNLESS the paste action can add a new empty row to the table. E.g., if I copy a matrix of several columns and N rows from Excel I cannot paste it into a table in Fibery unless I select a cell that is on the Nth row from the bottom in Fibery. This also adds a new row to the table.

When i try to paste an N-row matrix that is not on the Nth row from the bottom in Fibery, the correct cell values flash briefly on the screen, but they are not actually added to the table.

Is there an update on this?

We are trying to lookup (via formula, but maybe there is a different solution I don’t know of) a linked entity from with a many - many relation.

Example.

• A has a many - one relation with B
  • B has a many - many relation C
  • In C we would like to show A with a .sort().last().
    So only A from the last B.

Something like: Afspraaks.[Uitkomst Call].sort.last

Would that somehow be possible?

Given that each C can relate to many Bs, and each B can relate to many A, you need to have the .sort().last() functions applied twice, e.g.

Bs.Sort(X).Last().As.Sort(Y).Last()

I don’t know which field each relation needs to be sorted on though, so X and Y need to be chosen as works best for you.

@Chr1sG

There still seems to be a hickup. Let me explain a bit deeper. So maybe we can solve this.

• We have a db called Customer journey → This is C
  • C has a many - many relation with the db ‘Appointment’ → This is B → We call this field 'Afspraak' (Appointment)
  • In db ‘Appointment’ we have a relation with the db ‘Leadstatus’ → This is A → We call this field 'Uitkomst call' (Outcome of the call).
  • Leadstatus (A) can have many Appointments (B), but an Appointment can only have one Leadstatus.

I believe this should be the other way around.

• In Contact we show the entities of C → The Customer journey.
  • When we have a salescall we can use Leadstatus to set the outcome of the salescall. For example ‘Send proposal’.
  • When an Appointment (B) is linked to the Customer Journey (C), I would like to show in C what the linked Leadstatus (A) in B is.

Conclusion: when I open the contact, I want to see in an instant what the outcome (A) is of the Appointment (B) in that specific step in the Customer Journey(C).

As you look at the image. The ‘:sunglasses: Voorstel versturen’ (= database Leadstatus) should be shown at the blue ‘Afspraak ingepland’ entity.

Based on your feedback I tried to create something like:
Afspraak.Sort([Uitkomst call]).Last().Leadstatus .Sort([Uitkomst call]).Last()

But after Leadstatus I did not have the option to .Sort().Last() anything. Maybe because the many - one is the other way around?

Hope you understand what I am trying to accomplish :sweat_smile:

I think you’re right. It’s because I interpreted this

as meaning there are many A’s for one B.

With that in mind, you shouldn’t need the extra sorting, so this should work

Afspraak.Sort(xxx).Last().[Uitkomst call]

to get the ‘Uitkomst call’ of the last Afspraak.

However, I’m not sure what xxx should be, since I don’t know how you want to define the ‘last Afspraak’.
Possibly the date of the Afspraak?

Sorry my mistake!

This is what I was searching for, where (xxx) can be left empty since we only link 1 appointment to customer journey. So why a many - many relation, I hear you thinking.

Because of the place of this relation when I open the entity. With one → right side. With many → left side.

So thank you very much!

Glad to hear that.

This sounds intriguing. Can you tell us a bit more? What do you need from the left side that is not available on the right?

If you choose a one relation; you will miss this information (the fields).

Also it’s not possible to show the Afspraak (appointment) underneath an entity in a second level when it is a one relation.

Thanks. Useful feedback :+1:

One more example.

If it were possible to choose a one-relationship database below it as a second-level database that would be great. Because we use many like them in many different places to achieve the right views.

Another example: An appointment can in fact have only 1 form, but we have now chosen a many relation. With a one relation, we cannot show a feed from the form in the appointment itself.

1 Like