Time has come and we’re replacing all Table Views with the new… Table View (some of you knew it as a Grid View ). The new Table View is a combination of Table and List ideas, so you can now create hierarchical tables, such as Projects → Tasks or Products → Features → Tasks. Today, all your tables look slightly different.
We addressed many (but not all) requests, so in the new Table View you can:
- Display entities from several databases.
- Create hierarchical tables based on relations.
- Re-order rows using drag and drop (make sure you don’t have Sort enabled).
- Pin some columns to the left and enjoy horizontal scroll.
- Batch-select rows using mouse or
Shift + Clickpattern.
- Resize columns and fit all columns to the screen size or content.
- Sort items faster, since column header has context menu.
- Navigate better and update fields faster.
- Enjoy better information density, more rows are visible on a screen.
- Spot the difference between input and calculated columns.
New Table View is far from perfect, we still have 50 open bugs , but old Table View also has 50 open bugs, so we decided to release it anyway and iterate faster based on your feedback.
We are keeping old Table View for some weeks, so you can turn it on in Settings → Experimental Lab.
We’re going to focus on the following things to make Table View complete:
- Enable self-relation entities in a lower level of hierarchy.
- Implement Totals and other calculations as a bottom row.
- Implement grouping by any field.
- Fix all important bugs and add many small things here and there based on your feedback.
Our Action Toasts now support the “Undo” feature for various actions. For example, it’s allowing you to effortlessly bring back deleted items (such as entities, databases, fields or views) without opening Trash. If you undo deletion actions, you can view the restored items right from the toast, by clicking on “View”.
- Relation Field creation is a 2-steps action now, thus it should be less confusing.
- Discard confirmation modal is added to prevent changes from being lost. For example, imagine you just added 10 new values into a single select, forgot to save them, lost all changes, and are pulling your hair out now. No more! Fibery will warn you about changes, and you will have one more chance to keep your hair intact.
- Templates menu items is moved to the bottom in the left menu.
- Weird borders for references in shared, read-only documents
- Broken ‘Currency’ list in Formula pop-up
- Add Counts of items in the left column
- A long titles should be cut in database selectors
- Filter by Schema is missing in Trash
- Wrong entity unexpectedly opened when user clicks on ‘Open related entity’ button
- ‘Could not load’ for default values when user duplicates Form view
- Selected for milestone date field isn’t displayed in drop-down
- Emoji popover starts to appear immediately after you type : instead of :xx