Nov 23, 2023 / 🐺 New Table View, discoverable Undo actions

Weird, I’ve just tried in Orion and it works for me in default settings. :thinking:

Thanks, @ihartrafimovich. Here’s a recording of what works and what does not work on my ens:

1. Copying text: works
  2. Copying single-select values into a new column where the values exist: works
  3. Copying new single-select values into a single select: does not work

Screen Recording 2023-11-24 at 19.22.48

3 Likes

it’s so … beautiful! :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Copy-paste does seem to work for me sometimes. Sometimes it doesn’t. Haven’t found a pattern yet, but the solution often seems to be attempting to copy the originating field again, sometimes after moving focus into the cell. :person_shrugging:

Thanks for the suggestion. Will have to check. I still feel UX would be better if selecting a relationship.

about new creation in grid view, why dont we using default Enter instead of “Shift Enter” for new entity ?
Also when mass copy from other source, I have to create a replaced entity then paste on this entity, instead of paste on “+” symbol as old table view

We had many complaints about unexpected entities creations in Tables, so we decided to solve this problem. So far we will keep it this way and collect feedback.

Can you explain this in some details please?

I’ve reproduced the bug, here the problem is you are trying to paste in the so-called “integration database”, and we mistakenly assumed if you cannot add rows to the database, you cannot create new select values as well. It will be fixed in the next release.

Please check, do you have issues with paste on “usual” databases. :pray:

2 Likes

I love all of these new table/grid improvements from this update!! :zap::zap::zap:Especially the numbers on each row and the checkboxes that appear when you drag over rows. This is very smooth. Great job!

Small feedback: It took me a second to figure out how to unselect this batch-select (rather than unselecting one at a time). I now realize you can click anywhere in the view header to unselect, but it might make sense to have an option under the action button for unselecting. Or a little x on the top right of that button similar to unlink in list view. But maybe this isn’t necessary if others intuitively understood better than me.

Small wishlist item for the next round of table improvements:
Calculated sum when you drag over a number row. Similar to excel, when you batch-select, excel shows the average/count/sum in the bottom right. This is super useful (I can create this as an idea page if necessary)

You guys rock!

4 Likes

Hi @ihartrafimovich, yes, it seems to work for me now otherwise…
Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like