CHANGELOG: April 22 / 🌶 Automated Actions, new Toolbar in all Views, Duplicate Document, and a Pen

I believe in the worst case it can be done via automated Action Button. I still not sure what you need exactly, but it is possible to create a button that will Finish the current sprint and do all required things

Hey, very cool update, thanks!

A question about action buttons : will it be possible in a future release to have an action that changes a 1-1 or 1 to many relationship based on criteria either on the selected item or the linked item?

Simple example, let’s say a button that pushes a given task or story to the next sprint. My “next” sprint is actually a Sprint entity with a status labeled “Next” based on a formula (using dates).
I’d like to push a button to switch the existing relationship Story A - - > Sprint X to whichever sprint is matching the criteria status = ‘Next’.

2 Likes

From what I hear, @jordkoot seems to be asking for functionality that exists in TargetProcess for years: a User Story owns Tasks, but both of these entities can also be owned by a Sprint. So a User Story can move to done even though one of its Tasks it still open. Kind of weird I admit, but some of our stories include “meat” of the spec, and some of the tasks are things like “document feature better” that still needs to be done, but is definitely part of that story.

I really like the idea of making pdf from entities data.
Currently, even via zapier or so there is few services to do that. I know of pdfMonkey, but it is not really user friendly and more importantly not so easy to integrate with fibery.

I think the “generate pdf action” could be really amazing if we could generate pdfMake doc definition instead of (in addition of) markdown templates.
The syntax is quite easy for the easy things but could be much more powerfull (columns, tables, styles, …) for more advanced scenarios.

What do you think about it ?

2 Likes

Please put back the action button, like it was before - as visible field.
It was very comfortable to click on it directly from the table, but now it hided in entity

Yes, we are going to re-enable it.

3 Likes

I LOVE the old action button, but now I can’t seem to add anymore new ones on my entities. I can see that my old buttons are still there, but no way for me to add new ones. Please help!

1 Like

Unfortunately new action buttons are not fully replicate old in this regard. We will fix it in future.

2 Likes

“Yes, we are going to re-enable it.”

Any update on this? Thanks

1 Like