Best way to pass dynamic queries/views/info to AI?

Something that I use often and tools like Coda, Obsidian and Tana do well, is being able to pass dynamic information to the AI to “do stuff” with. I will pass the AI my workouts from the past two weeks, or daily notes from the past week or all the foods my baby will currently eat or my recent health stats etc.

I’m not sure of the best way to do this in Fibery. It seems like I would have to use scripting and prefilled relation fields or? I really want to be able to create a View of some entity and be able to just insert it by name into my AI automations. Can I do this? Or something like Foods.Filter(BabyCurrent = true).

On a related note I feel like there’s so much useful information in Fibery that could be used by the AI and in automations and such, but it feels very siloed. For example, in Coda it’s super easy to reference entities anywhere with formulas and build custom queries from there. In Fibery I have to insert an extra step of having a relations field or use scripting. I think things in this area could generally be streamlined and made more intuitive, unless I’m really missing something.

3 Likes

You can ask the AI to do pretty much anything, making use of data in your workspace.
Check out this guide and other AI stuff in the user guide.

It is not clear to me (after reading the suggested materials), how to pass through a list of filtered entities that are not first linked via a relations field. I see Collections mentioned, but those can only be accessed if they are already linked, correct? I see something a bit more detailed that could maybe eventually get me there here, but I wish I didn’t have to be a developer to make these things happen.

If you’re using AI in an automation, then you are primarily limited to asking AI about the entity that triggered the automation (and related entities).
If you’re looking to extract info from the whole workspace (or at least, from specific databases) then you might want to use chatbot functionality.

Chatbot won’t work for this. I need the information to be available automatically in a templated, predictable format every time. I can do this in Obsidian, Tana and Coda. I would like to do it in Fibery.

I think it is possible, but can you share 1-2 exact cases what you want to achieve?

When working in Coda I can create a view of all service desk tickets created and closed for the week. This view serves as a filtered list of the tickets db that i can reference in an AI column in the Weekly Summary database to generate a rich text field that summarizes activities and reports on growth rate of tickets, who is closing the most complex tickets, and new tickets that might need executive purchase approval to proceed.

Since this is a column, I can specify how the output should be structured (headings, bulleted lists, text formatting) etc.

This feature request would allow me to recreate this workflow in Fibery

Is it just a prompt to fill this field? If yes, can you share it?

Sure, I will simplify though as I have some very complex AI prompts.

1. As a part of having my AI create a workout for me everyday I feed in my most recent previous workouts from the past 2 weeks along with all of my past health stats (these are fields on my day entities like sleep duration, resting heart rate etc.). I also pass in a big list of all the exercises, yoga poses, etc, but only the ones that I’m currently working on, along with all of their details (like PR, weight for each rep #, general comments, difficulty).
  2. For creating meals I pass in a list of foods and filter down by the ones my baby eats and I and my husband can eat (allergies) along with what dishes we’ve eaten recently.
  3. For periodic reviews (weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly) I pass in events, highs, lows, lessons, people that were created within that timeframe.
  4. When creating my baby’s schooling curriculum I pass in what we’ve done recently in each subject, her developmental milestones, my events and health stats, details of the overall plan along with activities and exercises filtered down to the appropriate focus of the day.

Obviously these don’t really fit into the type of customer use cases you are focusing on, but those are some examples.