Currently, it’s not possible to search by fields. For instance, we have a Hiring app with Candidates. Two fields: Email, Phone. We can’t use search by these fields. That is super uncomfortable. We have to add email to the card and use CMD+F to find the person.
Agree the search needs some love.
As I input more and more data in Fibery, not being able to search properly become a very big pain point, one that prevent me to use Fibery with my team, and still as a PoC for now.
- full text search on all fields: will allow to search in email, url fields at least. Contrary to what stated here Add filter for "closed" entities in all searches (and/or other indicator of entity status) only name and rich text fields seems searchable
- filter types: multiple select / deselect types to restrict the search as expressed here Index comments in search - #2 by JMaynier
- select which types fields to use search: either global or only once a type has been selected.
- full-text search in comments: again allowing to activate/deactivate it
- complex filtering (graph oriented): full text search in collections (1 level or several?) of 1 or several entities (Search Scoping - "Search within Collection" - #3 by Jean)
- save some filtering settings as default: at least the deselection of certains types (for example the types used for attributes on relations) or exclude some entities based on fields value (typical example is workflow status closed Add filter for "closed" entities in all searches (and/or other indicator of entity status) - #9 by Simon_JB)
- multiple search term/values based on field: boolean logic on fields search (a la Elasticsearch. GitHub - elastic/search-ui: Search UI. Libraries for the fast development of modern, engaging search experiences.)