Webhook and Automations

HI,

i am starting to use n8n and fibery in combination to make some automation stuff happening on google contacts and others

now I run into this problem:
i have an automation on my contact type. so when i change a name it start the automation to clean up this name. that results in two updates on the contact-type… ergo two webhooks are fired.

in n8n i get that webhook result and because it fires double, also the automation in n8n runs twice …

any way of having a webhook “threshold” ?

or another solution would be to have a webhook triggered not automatically on every change but actually just when i hit a “sync” button on a contact entity. … that would be even better actually - as it would not trigger on every little change that is happening on a contact

any idea? :slight_smile:

Not sure what you mean. Are you saying that when you rename a contact, the webhook fires twice?
Is this because of some automation in Fibery?

exactly.

i have an automation, that puts Lastname, Firstname (namefield) into separate first and last name fields.

and this is triggered from an update

and so the webhook fires twice - once from the manual edit, once from the automation edit.

I think it’s unlikely that we would implement webhook ‘batching’ or a ‘sync’ button. I think the expectation is that the recipient of the webhook firing should filter out changes that aren’t relevant.

BTW why is this actually a problem?:

but it should be possible to write a script that sends data from that entity as json to a webservice like zapier/n8n?

For a service like Zapier, you wouldn’t need to write a script to send data - the Fibery integration with Zapier supports ‘watching’ for changes. Then, if you specifically need JSON, you can use a Zapier module to format the data received as you need it.

I’m not too familiar with n8n, so I don’t know what’s possible, but since you have the changes in Fibery triggering in n8n, I don’t quite understand why there needs to be a ‘push’ from the Fibery side…

It is possible to make http calls from within a Fibery script if that helps: . | Fibery

following up on this:

is it possible to trigger a webhook-event with a script=button?

this way n8n could listen to a webhook, but not on every change and every entity in that DB, but only those i actually want to “push”.

Well, if the button causes a change, then that change would trigger the webhook, but I presume you mean that you want the button to trigger a webhook, but changes from other activities in the db should not. In that case, then the answer is no.

To be honest, it’s not obvious to me why you would want to use webhooks in this situation - can’t you just make a call to the relevant service from within a script in the button automation. This is how I would imagine you would ‘push’ data from Fibery.

ill check that option … thanks