Threads needs more love

Threads was one of the features of Fibery that really caught my eye when we were looking for an alternative to Notion. Now that we have had a few weeks working within Fibery, I have finally put together Threads for our team.

I was a bit apprehensive at first because I was not sure if it was a feature that was still going to be developed or supported. I posted on Reddit a few weeks ago asking about this and got a positive response. Yesterday I implemented Threads, creating some simple channels for our team to move our internal discussions into Fibery.

A little backstory on our company communication. We dropped Slack about a year ago, used Google Chat for a while, and then moved all internal chat to Missive. Missive has been a solid communication tool for our agency, but the chats and discussions have always been pretty weak: no nested views, no rich text editor. When we tested Fibery, we were impressed by how powerful it could be and already is. I already see it as a strong replacement for Slack, especially with support for connectors and automations (which I think it already has, though we have not tested them much yet).

Having everything within Fibery is brilliant because when we are discussing something, we can mention a task and see it right within the panel. That context is incredibly powerful.

However, the biggest thing missing from Threads at the moment is mobile support. It would make so much sense for us if it were well supported in the mobile app, allowing us to keep discussions moving when away from the desk. I am out of the office a lot, but I still want to keep track of discussions.

I know it is still a beta feature, but I would like to see if other users feel the same, so perhaps the Fibery team might consider this a more urgent priority.

I would also love to get a sense of what the future of Threads looks like: how will it change and evolve?

2 Likes

What specific problems you have on Mobile? In general it should work and we use it internally via mobile as well.

Do you have other missing things to make Threads work for you?