What is hidden inside here?
- When do you need to Share Space?
- What does “Sharing” mean?
- How to Share Space
- What you can’t Share now
- How to stop Sharing
- How to update Template
- How to create a human-friendly Shared Space?
- Currently Shared Templates
Lets just come up with some cases, when Space Sharing is cool:
- selfish: when you want to move Space from one of your workspaces to another
- friendly: give your friends ready-to-go templates, don’t make them struggle with Fibery alone
- consultancy: create Spaces for your customers and partners and show them some real magic
- community: share your Ideas with Fibery Community and get some Ideas for your business. Friendship is magic!
- help: feeling like your structure isn’t perfect? Share your setup and get some advice from our community pro or Fibery buddies!
Well, in Fibery you can share your Spaces. Space usually represents a process. For example: Software Development, Candidate tracking, Vacation tracking, CRM, etc.
Each Space consists of:
- Databases (those funny building blocks with unique fields )
- Views (our “windows” to the data )
- Data (a dummy one, or a very private top-secret one!)
Sharing allows other people to get your Space (Types/Views/Data) and install it using the automatically generated link.
You can share and import existing Spaces from one account (workspace) to another. For example, you’ve created a new fancy Meeting Space and your friend wants to have the same Space. Now you can share the Meeting Space and send a link to your friend to install it. Or share it here, in our Community!
To share an app, click on the “Share as a Template” Button
Click it, then choose, which parts of your Ызфсу you want to Share. Are you ready to show your Data?
Note: Documents, that you’ve created in your App - are Views, not Entities!
Click Generate shareable link button and copy the URL:
- You can Deactivate your Link here:
- You can just delete your App.
Once you delete your App, the sharing link would stop working as well.
If you improve your Space structure, add new cool Views, or somehow change it and want everyone to notice that - just Update your Template.
A Read.me document inside an Space with explanation of how to use it and how it can work - would definitely help others get your point.
No need to show others sensitive and private information, but empty Views can look depressing…
Add some dummy data, if possible, and make everyone a bit happier
Of course, Views are just the way to visualize Data and there can be no Views in the Shared App at all. But we are creating a human-friendly Template, remember? So let’s add some helpful ones and name it so that it is clear why they are needed at all.
Repeatable Process (coming soon)
Please, share here in the comments which template you are currently lack?
And show your templates in this Category - share your vision and be ready for improvements!