Should I Invest in Fibery? (individual PKM use case)

+1. I think that everybody that uses Fibery totally agrees that it’s worth the price. Would be really helpful if you can collaborate with (constantly changing) freelancers without having to pay for their accounts.

+1. We currently have >100 databases in our workspace. A lot of them because of workarounds. It’s not helpful for user to see them all, since only a few are the ones that are suitable for linking.

+1. The current flaw is that if you link A to B and B to C that there is no good way to find out that A is also (indirect) related to C. And therefor there is no easy way to ‘connect the dots’.

Our current set-up is really simple. It’s fully integrated in the rest of the workspace so hard to share it as template. But we have databases for:

• Notes
  • Themes
  • Tags

Further we have a complete workspace with projects, goals, planning, CRM etc. It’s all connected. But the knowledge management part is not comprehensive.

We’ve also didn’t integrate Google Calendar because we can’t make it work in the workspace we’ve built.

At first I was really happy with the release of the Readwise sync. But I didn’t find a way yet to integrate it in the PKM part of the workspace.

• Since you can’t change a highlight
  • And can’t link a part of a highlight (i.e. a sentence) to something else in the workspace

Thought about auto creating a note entity per highlight so you can change them, but it feels really odd for me to do that :face_with_monocle:

And this is still a bummer. For ourselves and our clients. Even when we do have good permissions, it still feels really odd to have your PKM inside the company’s workspace.

Because of all the above, the further development of our PKM is kinda on hold. It functions as is with the simple databases mentioned above, but it could be a way better solution in the future.

4 Likes