Renaming database does not change select fields

Recently I had to rename a database from “Site” to “Project Site” so that I can create a new “Site” database. Everything seemed to work fine. However, when I tried to create a new “Status” field in the new “Site” database, fibery complained that the single select field already exists.

When I looked at the existing “Project Site” database (which was previously called “Site”), I noticed that the single-select “Status” field in that database was still referring to “Site” and causing issues. I can recreate the single-select field and delete the old one. However, that would mess up all the views and filters.

Is there anyway we can make sure single and multi-select entities are updated when the database name is changed? I tried editing the single-select entity name, but got an error:

Hi, the Database name you see here is not complete and misleading and doesn’t reflects reality. Moreover you are not able to change it from this part of interface.

Is there anyway we can make sure single and multi-select entities are updated when the database name is changed?
Can you provide more elaborate example with database names what was renamed, created and what is the issue?

To change Single (Multi) Select Field name you have several options

Here are the step to reproduce my issue:

1. Create a database called “Sites” and add a single select field called “Status”
  2. Adds few sample entries to the database
  3. Rename “Sites” database to “Project Sites”
  4. Create a new database in the same space called “Sites”. Add a single select field called “Status”. This is where fibery throws an error saying the field already exists.

Let me know if you have an issue reproducing this.

1 Like

Thank you. Will register a bug with steps you provided.

Does manual renaming of original Status field resolved your issue?

I am able to manually rename the original “Status” field to another name “Status Old”. This allowed me to create the new “Status” field in the new “Site” database (so step 4 didn’t fail)

However, when I tried to rename “Status Old” to “Status” again in the original (“Project Site”) database, it again failed saying the field exists.

Interestingly, I can create a brand new “Status” field in the “Project Site” database (originally “Site” database). This seems to be due to the fact that the “Status Old” field is still somehow linked to “Site” database (at least by name).

There are a bunch of other single & multi-select fields in the same database which are also still linked to the original name of database.

I hope that make sense. I can prepare a few screenshots if that makes it easier.

No need, behaviour you described is the way it’s implemented. We acknowledged that this is a bug. Unfortunately, as it is a rare case, not sure we can fix it soon.

1 Like

I guess my following issue belongs in this topic?

I created a database Task in the space Project Management.
When I tried to add a single select field called Priority, I got this warning:
2023-09-15 21_56_40-Project Management _ Fibery

Then I renamed the database Tasks to PMTask, tried it again and could add the Priority field.
Then I renamed the database back to Task, and it still works.
Not sure why creating the field in the first place was not allowed but apparently still possible? Do I have to worry?