Personal vs. Team knowledge management (PKM → TKM sync)

just wanted to ping this again. how are you guys using fibery as PKN / TKM? do you use databases and the description note fields as text or do you import docs into folders?
i have a lot of obsidian notes and would really like to sync them - and get the yaml in as database fields related to the text.
also to have a offline note taking tool is something i really need. i use clickup at the moment for all team related stuff and its a nightmare when its not sync, loosing data or not allowing input.
so having obisidian locally to capture data and then sync it with a tag/key to fibery to have the data there as well …

(also with the AI tools for obsidian, that can access the whole vault and answer questions against it is now a killer tool)

1 Like

Yes, this starts to get more complicated. We have to think about what the options may be, and the failure and edge cases, etc. of course. Simplest (in some sense) is when the sync will mirror the pages/content in both places.

I think the ideal in that case (which may not be possible) would be converting links to point to the internal version of that resource on sync, so if you have two pages and in Obsidian Markdown they’re linked by e.g. [[Page2]] text inside “Page1.md”, when you sync into Fibery that becomes a link to e.g. . | Fibery. I can remove or update that link, and add others in Fibery, and then when I Sync back to Obsidian, it converts to [[PageLink]] style links, and creates new .md files for any new docs, etc.

In cases where something would not be synced, either due to settings/filters (e.g. you have a Fibery ↔ Obsidian sync plugin that lets you only sync certain folders if desired), or due to unsupported types/content (e.g. Canvas), then perhaps ideal could be a system link to the local file location, although I imagine potentially significant issues with that. Alternatively the links are just left as-is with [[Link]] syntax and this is not converted in any way, and so shows up in Fibery as that text, which at least lets the user know there was/is a link there and they should use the source app (Obsidian) to see/edit it.

In general for local file syncs like this (and perhaps for all active syncs?) it might be good to have an “open original/source” link on all Entities…

Those are my thoughts for now. If actually implementing any of this becomes a real consideration for Fibery team it obviously would benefit from more discussion.