Open source / on premise

Hi,
Is there any plans to make some part of Fibery open source ?
Same question for on premise deployment (not necessarily) OSS ?

Hi, we don’t have intentions to make Fibery open source. We do consider this in case of failure to continue operations and don’t let our customers down (But I do hope it will not happen :slightly_smiling_face: )

On-premise requests are quite frequent, but you can imagine it is hard for SaaS company to make this offering. Economically it only makes sense for large accounts on private cloud servers. Theoretically private cloud will be a part of enterprise offering at some point.

3 Likes

Just want to add another data point asking for on prem version. For public sector in EU it’s impossible to use a non-eu owned cloud service. Hopefully some day!

Fibery services and data are hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS) facilities (eu-central-1) in Germany

Hi @mdubakov @Chr1sG is there any progress on this topic (self-hosted) ?
If you are looking for early adopters / alpha or beta testers for this, we are really eager to participate, or even help you packaging the application if you are planning to deliver it on Kubernetes.

I afraid it will never be done. In our days making something self-hosted is very hard if you did not plan it from day 1

That is very unfortunate, because that one point would have immediately made me push it over Notion.
Well then, time to continue on our hyperflexible open-source framework…