Need full-width Entity view

Entity view seems to be unnecessarily limited for max-width, and it prevents seeing all columns of wide collections table views:

2 Likes

This is by far my biggest UI pet peeve. A full-width option could be the single biggest quality of life improvement for me, because right now I have to full screen almost every collection block.

Similarly, I don’t understand why the center to-many/collection column is wider when there are fields on the right column and narrower (but centered) when everything on the right column is hidden.

2 Likes

Yeah, can we have this addressed please? I love that Fibery can have a lot of contextual data shown at once, but it’s often harder than it should be to display it effectively due to inconsistent max-widths.

Because of the recent feature where you can display expanded field information in the header, I wanted to try to use a single column layout, but the max-width gets even smaller if you completely hide the fields column!

Fields column expanded:

Fields column collapsed:

Fields column hidden (by turning off certain fields):

4 Likes

I also mentioned this via Intercom a while ago. Then it seemed that I was the only one wanting this so I’ve made a hack for it (I link an entity with description for the user why/how you need to collapse the field colum for full screen width :sweat_smile:)

brave_xynRbm8n7g

But would be great if that’s not needed anymore since it clutters the workspace.

1 Like

We will indeed address this as a part of Entity View improvements this spring. Thanks for the feedback and the screenshots!

3 Likes