Multiple Relationships Break Views in Smart Folders

Hi, thanks for looking into this. Yeah, providing the selection as an option would definitely solve this issue for me. I like having some intelligence in apps like this, but if there is a chance that the wrong choice could be made, having an option to manually select is always appreciated. This might change when more automation is supported natively within Fibery, but I find that I use this pattern often to infer relationships, while at the same time providing a way to override or set the relationship directly.

Otherwise, I love smart folders and context views for their ability to configure a consistent set of views for all the entities we might add in the future. My general suggestion would be to always expose any kind of special behaviors associated with them so it can be manually configured or disabled. In this case I want to show a specific relationship, but someone else might find it useful to just disable the implied filtering via a relationship entirely for a context view.

I wanted to mention that I also have a ticket Add Documents and Views to Root of Smart Folder that would greatly enhance them in my use case. I like how I can click on the entity (e.g. Marketing) within the smart folder and I see all the information about Marketing. However, there is no way to provide similar contextual information at the root level of the Smart Folder.

Thanks again. I think Smart Folders are one of the stand-out Fibery features. They remind me of queries within Roam, in that they allow you to have a dynamic query to help in drilling into relevant parts of the data. I was going back and forth between using Coda and Fibery, but one of the turn offs was just that with Coda you end up having to manually maintain navigation and views like this. So, this will be a big time saver if these little limitations are addressed.

1 Like