Mar 7, 2024 / πŸ‹ Timeline improvements: better drag and drop, weekends and day names

Do you mean you want to group the timeline cards in lanes, where each lane is a specific database, i.e. all Tasks in one lane, all Meetings in another lane, etc.

Yes, for board view and time line (and other views) we need to create a field or relation to achieve that, which clutters the space :smile:

Edit: I saw that grouping in grid view is coming :face_holding_back_tears: It would be a really nice feature there as well.

Unfortunately, the information about which database an entity belongs to is sort of meta-data, so it doesn’t behave like other fields. Adding filtering, grouping, color-coding etc. based on the entity type is probably not coming any time soon.

The timeline improvements are fantastic, thank you!! They sparked joy when I saw them! :heart_eyes:

One thing that would be the icing on top: Please, can you make the TimeToolbar sticky? :pray:

We have lots and lots of lanes, the toolbar scrolls out of the viewport and I don’t have a way to quickly get back to β€œToday” without having to zoom all the way out, centering β€œToday” in the timeline and then zoom back in again. Small but annoying issue.

Thanks for all your work and all the improvements!!

2 Likes

This is already done in New Backlog feature. Will be released next week

3 Likes

Hi guys,

Since the updates I really love the timeline. One question though.

Sometimes I only have a few entities in the timeline. Then it takes up unnecessary space. Is it possible to have the height of the timeline adjust to the entities in it, like any other view?

Thanks!

1 Like

@ChrisG or @mdubakov do you have any feedback?

We’re looking at options for vertical height adjustment of relation views, but it’s challenging. In some cases the number of entities shown will change as you scroll left and right, so automatically adjusting vertically as a user scrolls horizontally is a bit :grimacing:

3 Likes