Is each workspace on a seperate paid plan?

Does each workspace on its own paid plan? Or can I have several workspaces on the same plan?

Hi, each workspace has its own plan, that is correct. So you can use Fibery for free for your personal needs and have a paid plan for company needs.

Does this mean that we must organize all of our company’s work into a single Fibery Workspace, else incur additional costs for each Workspace?

Could you please tell us more about the use case? Why do you need separate workspaces?

Our assumption was that the whole company cal lives in one, and if you’re creating another one - maybe it’s for another sub-company/totally isolated team/customer/etc.

Anyway, it’s not cool to pay for one user twice. So if you have the same users in multiple workspaces - please, ping is in Intercom or on new@fibery.io - we would prepare a specific invoice and will solve the problem.
If users in different workspaces are different - then billing will be separated too

Oh, and if your second workspace is for testing - just ping us and we will make it free for you as a playground, that’s not a problem at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right now my need for multiple workspaces is only for testing, and there are no issues.

I was thinking ahead, and considering that it might be useful to separate the needs of different departments into different workspaces, just to help reduce clutter.

But if we have a good ability to customize the Workspace appearance for each user (based on their department, or some other user field) then I would have no need for multiple Workspaces (besides testing and R&D).

I would like to be able to hide from a user anything and everything that is not relevant/necessary to their work; which could be many Apps and related Views, sidebar contents, etc. Ideally, the Workspace could appear entirely differently to different users, if they have different needs.

Since we’re dreaming – how about a global “Workspace context” selector, which can control the visibility of everything? As a dev, I would want to be able to quickly switch between these visual contexts, so I can see what each Workspace will look like to the different user classes.

2 Likes

Looks like Team Permissions can already work for you :slight_smile:
Based on the Team, the User belongs to, he will be able to see only Apps & Views he has Access to.
Only Admins will be able to see everything.
Would be glad to hear your feedback about this blog post :face_with_monocle::muscle:

2 Likes

This is very good. Is it possible to use Fibery’s “User” type for “unregistered users” that do not (yet) have a Fibery account?

1 Like

Not for now. But we’re working on Free read-only users so I hope that would help somehow.
For now I think it will be better to create a separate Type, called User and store such people there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We have two workspaces. To avoid paying double invoices, your FAQ recommends to ping you on Intercom. How do i actually do that?

EDIT:
Also, we have users that are not part of our company (we are part of a co-creation community), but we are currently paying for their licenses. Must all users in a workspace be on the same plan? Is there a way to have some users on a cheaper plan?

Actually, there is a deeper issue here. Fibery is aimed at teams within the same company, and your licensing approach reflects that. Have you thought about how to make it easier to run user community workspaces with members from different companies in Fibery? For instance, having each member pay their own license?

Let us know in the intercom the name of the paid workspace, and the name of another one - we would mark it as paid too, and will cut off all the limits :slight_smile:
here is where you can ping us

1 Like

And where do i find this list of options? I cannot find it anywhere in my workspace or on the Fibery web pages?

EDIT:
Ahhh, the tiny tiny question mark on the bottom right in the workspace. This should really go in the drop-down list when you click on the workspace name on the top left.

EDIT 2:
So, the chat is the Intercom? Now i feel a right fool… I thought the Intercom was another interface.

1 Like