How to create a dynamic link that shows a view filtered by current entity?

Drupal has dynamic contextual filtering of views out of the box with the Views module.

1. Views Module: Can present data in diverse formats, from lists to slideshows. Its strong feature is the ability to use contextual filters. So the exact same single link when placed in different entities, can display varied content based on the context of the entity it’s in. For example, www.example.com/team-members when placed in different Project entities rich text field, would show a different listing in each Project entity.

Some other modules that have other approaches:
2. Token Module: Provides dynamic data placeholders for content. In Fibery, a token system could create dynamic links in rich text fields that are contextually aware, making links adaptable and context-sensitive.
3. Paragraphs Module: Offers flexible and modular content structures. In Fibery, this could address concerns about restrictive static layouts, allowing for more dynamic content structuring.
4. Display Suite Module: Allows for varied display configurations of the same content type or entity. In Fibery, this could provide multiple display options for entities, enhancing content presentation flexibility.

Can you confirm this?

1 Like

We’re looking into this, it may be a bug

1 Like

Should be fixed now

1 Like

Not yet. Still the same behavior: copy pasting the smart folder view’s URL does not give the view, but still the entity select box.

Sorry. I misspoke. The bug is fixed in our staging environment, so is likely to make it to production later this week.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m sure the effect he wants to achieve is exactly what I want to achieve. You put forward the use << to add embed view One-off in the article.But what we want is to add this view automatically when we create a new entity division every time. But because we can’t find the corresponding expression or number in the trigger to refer to this view.

As I mentioned before, it’s not possible to create a view simply by constructing a URL to refer to it.

See my earlier answer

1 Like

Fix released to production today:

We’re getting closer…the pasted link works :partying_face:, but when I use the ‘Convert Link to Mention’ feature, the resulting link does not work :smiling_face_with_tear:.

For example, before Covert Link to Mention, the link URL is:
https://cce.fibery.io/Yuri_Space/Y_Hub/Sociocracy-3.0-(S3)-1/Hub-Pages-2655

After Convert Link to Mention, the link button URL is:
https://cce.fibery.io/Yuri_Space/Hub-Pages-2655

So the Convert Link to Mention feature strips information from the link URL.

By the way, there are other issues related to the Convert Link to Mention feature in which it strips parts of the URL, such as:

Based on the earlier comments in the thread, I had assumed that you would be generating these links automatically (i.e. via a markdown template) in which case you can just do something like the following:

If you just want to paste the link, don’t convert it to a mention :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, I don’t know if there is a technical obstacle to mentions pointing to context views - I will check.

I couldn’t reproduce what you’re describing:

firefox_LTpHhzyKhY

Do you want to show what’s happening for you.

1 Like

What if I got 1 Url field, then I use this syntax, can it be created iframe in rich text ?

[Open link](Url field}

Also I’ve already asked for template for each daily entity, which mean sometimes I really wanna to pinned some views, or some databases in some period entities or recurring entities. Get IDs 's not optimal option right now