@group commenting

I would like the ability to create groups and create comments targeting them

3 Likes

In nearest future we are going to implement new permission model and Groups (so far we call them Permission Groups) will be a part of this model, so you will be able to have groups for people. Group notification sounds like a good extension!

1 Like

Can I make a request for permissions/groups, when you get round to implementing:
make ā€˜groupā€™ behave like a traditional type in as many ways as possible (with itā€™s own fields, like users) so that, for example, a specific group (e.g. ā€œDevelopersā€) can be used like a traditional entity: can be mentioned, linked to, used in formulas, etc.
There could be so many potential benefits, e.g. dynamic/automatic group membership using indirect rules, group histories, automation effects, e.g. when a user is assigned to a group, various side-effects are triggered.
Maybe this was always your plan, I hope so.
Please donā€™t just relegate groups to being a simple multi-select field within the user type :pray:

2 Likes

That is exactly what we are planning to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1: of course, I should have guessed that your solution would be well thought through

This is great stuff! Would love to see simply group tagging in comments though, now that we have groupsā€¦it is so enticing to see part of my team is now in a group in the permissions area, but I still have to @mention 4 people with each comment in the same group when I want to notify them. Real Quality of Life item Iā€™m hoping you guys can implement ASAP! I have spent one of my few votes supporting this!

Thanks!

2 Likes