[FIXED] Escape key does not do what you expect when…

• When editing a Text field in an entity view, hitting Escape should cancel the edit and leave the keyboard focus on the cell, but instead it closes the entire panel. Same behavior in a Table view cell.

• When editing a one-to-one relation field in an entity view, hitting Escape should cancel the edit and return the keyboard focus to the panel (i.e. so another hitting Escape again would close the panel); But it does nothing. Same behavior for: Many-to-One relations, Assignees.

• When editing a Date field in an entity view, hitting Escape should cancel the edit and return the keyboard focus to the panel (i.e. so another hitting Escape again would close the panel); But although the Date picker popup is closed, the keyboard focus seems to be nowhere.

• When picking a Date field in a Table view, hitting Escape should return the keyboard focus to the Table cell, but instead it closes the panel.

• In a Table view, after selecting an entity in a relationship cell, the keyboard focus is nowhere.

ALSO:

• In a Table View, after selecting an entity in a relationship cell, ENTER does nothing, i.e. you are still editing the cell instead of exiting back to Table focus where you can move the selection.

• In a Table View, when moving the cell selection with cursor keys, if you hit Escape twice, the keyboard focus is nowhere.

Hello, @Matt_Blais

Could you explain a bit what do you mean by “In a Table view, after selecting an entity in a relationship cell, the keyboard focus is nowhere” ?

For me focus remains in relationship cell so I can exit editing by Esc and continue navigating by keyboard. Does it behave differently for you?

Screen Recording 2022-06-14 at 12.25.33

Sorry, that was a very poor description;

It is after hitting TAB that the keyboard focus leaves the page. This is happens for a Many-to-Many relationship, but not One-to-One.

Fixed in latest release

1 Like