- In entity view, when editing “Show/Hide Fields”, typing allows you to filter the list of fields.
Escshould close this popup, but instead the entire Panel is closed.
- Entity View
- Configure Fields
- Edit an existing Button
- Update the Button Name
- Hit Enter to accept changes
Escnow does nothing (I was expecting it to close the “Configure Fields” popup)
- DB setup screen
- Click the DB icon to select icon & color of DB
Escdoes nothing, regardless of where the focus is (I was expecting it to close the popup or cancel the icon search)
- From just about anywhere, hitting
Escto bring up global Search:
- Now the keyboard focus is nowhere – hitting
Escagain will cancel the search, but you can’t type anything else
- When you use
Escto bring up global Search, the keyboard focus is in the search box where you expect it
- Rich Text
<<to create an embedded view
- After you click the “What” button,
Escwill no longer cancel the popup
- Rich Text
- Select some text and hit
Ctrl+Kto make it a link
Escto close the link popup
- The Global Search menu comes up
- I expected the Link popup to close
I guess I will add other keyboard issues here, instead of creating dozens of new posts:
- In a table/grid/etc view that displays a Rich Text field
- Clicking a RT field’s icon opens the Rich Text in a panel to the right for editing
- but the keyboard focus is nowhere so you have to use the mouse before you can actually start editing
- It would make sense if the keyboard focus was in the just-opened Rich Text
- Select text then hit
Ctrl+Eto create an entity
- If your selection includes some fields (e.g. an @mention) then
Ctrl+Eopens the browser search bar instead (Chrome on Windows)
- If a word is followed by a field (e.g. @mention) and your cursor is at the beginning of the word, you would expect
Ctrl+Right cursorto move the cursor to the beginning of the field that follows the word…
- But instead it moves to the end of the field (which would be expected from hitting
- After using
Ctrl+Eto open the “Inline Create Entity” popup,
Escdoes not close the popup (must reach for the mouse again )
- You must first click somewhere else in the panel before
Escwill close the panel
- The same is true after editing some (not all) fields in entity view (e.g. numeric and text fields), or after hiding a field, etc.
Immediately after opening Inbox,
Esc will close it (as expected). But after you click anything in Inbox (e.g. Actions menu),
Esc no longer does anything.
I expected it to 1) close the Actions menu, 2) Close Inbox.
E.g., after selecting
Actions | Move All to Done,
Esc does nothing; I expected it to close the Inbox, which it will do only if I first click on the Inbox pane.
When typing the name of a view,
Esc does not cancel/end the renaming - instead it opens global search.